Significant Access Control Service (ACS) updates released to AppFabric LABS environment today. Take a look at the Windows Azure AppFabric team blog for the formal announcement. I’d rather show you a quick demo.
Quick summary of new capabilities in the Access Control Service:
- Integration with Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) and tooling
- Out-of-the-box support for popular web identity providers including: Windows Live ID, OpenID, Google, Yahoo, and Facebook
- Out-of-the-box support for Active Directory Federation Server v2.0
- Support for OAuth WRAP, WS-Trust, and WS-Federation protocols
- Support for the SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0, and Simple Web Token (SWT) token formats
- Integrated and customizable Home Realm Discovery that allows end-users to choose their identity provider
- An OData-based Management Service that provides programmatic access to ACS configuration
- A Web Portal that allows administrative access to ACS configuration
For detailed information and a more verbose walkthrough (i.e. including explanations), listen to Justin Smith’s walkthrough and interview.