Today’s release of the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7 (v1.2.1) has two important updates:

  • Support for Visual Basic

  • Bug fixes

You can download the latest drop here: http://watoolkitwp7.codeplex.com/releases/view/61952

Visual Basic

When we released on Monday we did not include updated project templates for Visual Basic – turns out that creating these project templates takes a long time, and we did not have enough cycles to complete it in time. However, we’ve had a few additional dates to finish this work, and we’re now providing Visual Basic support – this means can use this toolkit with Visual Basic and benefit from all the updates provided as part of the 1.2 release.

VBNET


Bug Fixes

We also fixed a few bugs in this release. Many thanks to those of you who helped by reporting them so quickly!

  • [Fixed] The VS on-screen documentation for “Windows Phone 7 Empty Cloud App” template is missing.
    clip_image002

  • [Fixed] Modify VSIX installation scripts to avoid errors when users have PowerShell Profile Scripts.
    clip_image002[5]

  • [Fixed] The CopyLocal property of the Microsoft.IdentityModel assembly is set to false in the sample and project template solutions. It has now been set to true.

  • When creating a new project using the project template wizard:
    • [Fixed] If the user sets an invalid ACS Namespace and Management Key, the application shows an non-descriptive error and generates an inconsistent solution.

    • [Fixed] Using a real Azure Storage account and not selecting Use HTTPS option makes the generated solution fail when running it.

    • [Fixed] An error is displayed when creating a new ‘Windows Phone Cloud Application’ project in Visual Web Developer 2010 Express.

    • [Fixed] An error is displayed when creating a new ‘Windows Phone Cloud Application’ project in Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone.

    • [Fixed] The value of the PushServiceName setting is not replaced in the code generated with the project templates.

  • [Fixed] The ACS sample was shipped with an invalid configuration and wrong instructions in the Readme document to configure them appropriately.

  • [Fixed] The ApplePushNotification class is not used in the samples nor by the code generated with the project templates.

  • [Fixed] The solutions for VWD and VPD do not build since some projects are missing.

  • [Fixed] The error message shown in the ‘login’ page when there are connectivity issues is non-descriptive.

Again, many thanks to those of you who helped by reporting these bugs. Keep the feedback coming!