Today we released an update to the Windows Azure Platform Training Kit to include a new HOL: Introduction to Windows Azure Marketplace for Applications. You can download the updated Windows Azure Platform Training Kit – August 2011 Refresh from download center or view online now on the Windows Azure Platform Training Course on MSDN.
The important take away is that in this HOL you will take an application through the full provisioning process. This is extremely valuable if you have customers/partners looking to publish their applications into the Windows Azure Marketplace for Applications.
Hands-On Lab Details
There are five exercises in the HOL:
- Exercise 0: Understanding a SaaS Subscription Scenario
- Exercise 1: Modify your Application to support Windows Azure Marketplace Subscriptions
- Exercise 2: Register the Application in Windows Azure Marketplace and Test Subscriptions with the Dev Playground
- Exercise 3: Add Support for Unsubscribe messages
- Exercise 4: Learn how to Publish in Windows Azure Marketplace, Explore the Finished App
You can take a look at the SaaS application live in the marketplace: https://datamarket.azure.com/application/AA1EA7A3-E3FE-4EE5-B7B5-CBF4142CB983
We are always looking to make improvements to the WAPTK. If you encounter any bugs or have any problems, please send us feedback at: email@example.com. Additionally, if there’s additional content you’d like to see in the training kit, please let us know on the Windows Azure Platform Training Kit Forum – you’re feedback is highly valued.