Today we published the Windows Azure Platform Training Kit – October Release. The Windows Azure Platform Training Kit includes hands-on labs, presentations, and samples to help you understand how to build applications that utilize Windows Azure, SQL Azure, and the Windows Azure AppFabric.
- Download Now: You can download the full training kit including the hands-on labs, demo scripts, and presentations from the Microsoft download center here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=130354.
- Browse the hands-on labs: Alternatively, you can browse through the individual hands-on labs on the MSDN site here: http://bit.ly/WAPCourse
The October 2011 update of the training kit includes the following updates:
- [New Hands-On Lab] SQL Azure Data-tier Applications
- [New Hands-On Lab] SQL Azure Data Sync
- [New Hands-On Lab] SQL Azure Federations
- [New Demo] Provisioning Logical Servers using Cmdlets Demo
- [New Demo] Parallel Computing on Azure – Travelling Salesman Demo
- [Updated] SQL Azure Labs and Demos with the new portal and tooling experience
- Applied several minor fixes in content
As with the September release, we have shipped an (updated) preview of our web installer. The training kit web installer is a very small application weighing in at 2MB. The web installer enables you to select and download just the hands-on labs, demos, and presentations that you want instead of downloading the entire training kit. As new or updated hands-on labs, presentations, and demos are available they will automatically show up in the web installer – so you won’t have to download it again.
You can now download the training kit web installer preview release from here.
We really try to make these training resources valuable to you, so please be sure to provide feedback if you find a bug, mistake, or feel as if we should including something else in the kit.